Manhattan Area Chamber of Commerce / USD 383
Inspire the future workforce and engage with area schools to enhance teaching and learning! Sponsor a fourth-grade class in USD 383 for the 2017-2018 school year. This pilot program is designed to strengthen the relationship between local schools and Manhattan Area Chamber of Commerce members. Our goal is to get kids thinking about possible careers at an early age; especially careers here in our region!
How the Program Works:
Businesses paired with classroom (or multiple classrooms). Together, businesses and teachers decide how to work together. Below are three interactions we hope will happen. The rest is up to you!
- Early year: Visit class for introductions; what you do and who you serve. Hand out partnership
T-shirts with company logo; if appropriate for the type of work you do, invite students/families to visit your operation.Don’t have an operation conducive to visitors (especially children)? You may show photo of your building or what your trucks look like to help students spot you in the community.
- Mid-Year: Team members come to the school and speak about what you do; careers in your company, how students can start to prepare for careers in your industry. Bring videos or show-and-tell items to engage students visually in the presentation!
- Spring: Partnership buses students to your business for field trip tour to see your team in action. If your site wouldn’t be appropriate for class visit, funds can be used to sponsor another class field trip (possibly related to the work you do). Your team might even be able to come along and enjoy the fun!
What’s In It For My Business?
Your business will receive opportunities for brand visibility:
- Logo featured on your class’ partnership shirts and on the physical classroom door
- Classroom time throughout the year; excite students about careers in your industry and work you do in our community
- Feature your involvement with students on your company social media platforms (student/teacher privacy rules will apply)
- Articles in the media and via school district social media platforms
- Get to know group of curious students who will tell friends and family about all they learn about your business and careers in your industry
Partnership Is What You Make of It!
The more time and collaboration your team puts in working with the teacher to enhance what she/he does every day, the greater the results.
What do Program Fees Support?
Sponsorship fee ($499) used entirely in your classroom. This sponsorship pays for T-shirts and field trip (busing)..The remainder goes in a fund the teacher can use to enhance the classroom experience and provide incentives to excite students about learning.
We encourage businesses of all sizes to participate! Businesses can sponsor one class, pair up with another local business and split the sponsorship fee, or choose to sponsor multiple classrooms.